Shiv Nadar University is inviting applications from individuals to fill the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB-funded research project entitled “Understanding the dominant sites in sulfur vacancy activated molybdenum disulfide electrocatalyst towards hydrogen evolution reaction”.
Project Synopsis: The project concerns the understanding of the physical mechanisms of semiconducting two-dimensional (2D) layered van der Waals materials for their role as electrocatalysts towards hydrogen evolution reaction (HER). The project would largely involve the synthesis of semiconducting 2D nanostructures and thin films and tune their physical, chemical and electronic properties towards the development of an optimum electrocatalyst for HER applications.
Essential and Desirable Qualifications:
- The candidate should have a master’s degree (with a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade) in Physics from a UGC-recognized University or Institution.
- Prior experience in synthesis of nanomaterials will be preferred.
- Experience in the characterization techniques like XRD, PL, and UV-Vis will be preferred. Handling of electrochemical workstation will be an advantage.
- Candidates with CSIR/UGC-NET/JEST/GATE are encouraged to apply.
- Good written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Synthesis of thin films and nanostructures of 2D MoS2 based materials with rich catalytic active sites.
- Identification and quantification of active sites in different synthesized systems.
- Design of strategy for the activation and tuning of active sites in the systems.
- Analysis of structural, chemical and morphological properties of synthesized systems.
- Perform electrochemical measurements for detailed study of HER.
- Communication of important results in scientific peer-reviewed journals.
Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence is a student-centric, multidisciplinary and research-focused University offering a wide range of academic programs at the Undergraduate, Master’s and Doctoral levels. The University was set up in 2011 by the Shiv Nadar Foundation, a philanthropic foundation established by Mr. Shiv Nadar, founder of HCL. The University is in the quest to become a globally acclaimed center for learning and innovation in the fields of Engineering, Natural Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, and Management. The core of the University consists of a select, world-class faculty with doctoral and postdoctoral experiences from ranked universities worldwide.
The last date to submit the applications is on 10th March 2023.
For more details Click Here
Disclaimer Click here
Recruitment at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur
Research Internship at Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad
Mizoram University Posting Section Officer on Deputation Basis